Colorado Criminal Defense - Medical Marijuana Business Consultations
My Blog

HB11-1043 New Draft as of 1/25/11

The new draft of HB11-1043 is floating around.  Not a whole lot of positive things to say about this draft.

1) Continued moratorium for another year, unless you are already in the industry.
2) No minority out of state ownership.
3) Felony cultivators are forever banned (not so for possession or sales).
4) Grows are no longer confidential.
5) No help for caregivers and they have to register with the state.
6) No reciprocity for out of state patients.
7) A 500 plant cap on IPM related OPCOs.
8) The Dr issue is not fixed

There is:
1) Clones becomes plants at 8 inches.
2) Employees and managers clearly have a different set of residency and background requirements.
3) Below cost sales are allowed to indigent patients.
4) An MMC owner with multiple retail locations can have a common grow.
5) IPMs can take their product to a lab.
6) Release of medical records by a private company is a class 1 misdemeanor.

Overall a lot more bad than good.

12 Comments to HB11-1043 New Draft as of 1/25/11:

Comments RSS
420Boards on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:24 AM
Does this mean as an ex felon (I am a patient) i can't grow for myself?
Reply to comment

warren on Saturday, February 05, 2011 8:52 AM
yes you can grow for yourself

kristen on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:38 PM
Where can I find the revised verion? I looked on the state website already and it still seemed to be the original. thank you, Kristen
Reply to comment

warren on Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:06 AM
When you find out, let me know. It is up for vote in committee next week so a new version should be posted on the state website any day now.

Ron Harold on Friday, February 04, 2011 12:33 PM
Does the below-cost-to-indigents portion of this bill make the way for "buy-one-get-one-free" sales/business write-offs?
Reply to comment

warren on Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:01 AM
Probably not. Federal taxes do not recognize tax deductions related to activities that are Federally illegal.

Dawn on Friday, February 04, 2011 2:36 PM
Does this mean that if we are caregivers, 5 or less patients, 30 or less plants we now have to register the location?
Reply to comment

warren on Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:02 AM
We need to wait and see the final draft.

Joshua on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:24 PM
Does this mean that as a non resident I can now get away from current unsaid business and can work for MMJ companies in CO? I currently have a job pending in CO and if advocacy on this issue is needed I would be happily speak out. I am expecting a baby and need to change my life this bill would allow me to use skills I have acquired but in legal manor.
Reply to comment

MHHudson on Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:36 PM
Growing and possessing marijuana are federal crimes. Isn't requiring caregivers to reveal the location of their grow-houses in violation of their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination? If a grower registers with the state he/she is giving evidence against themselves and inviting federal prosecution. If a grower does not self-incriminate, Colorado will arrest them, and if they do self-incriminate, the Federal Government will arrest them. This is a contradiction.
Reply to comment

strona internetowa on Sunday, August 17, 2014 10:03 AM
uniform, see through shutters from cotton Between both attributes of the area really should not an important conflict
Reply to comment

www on Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:25 AM
Virtually anyone we are excited for what�s grinding, well aware that your simply a project. In the execution will help you and me fashionable seatbelt sanders Also, the family unit likely will once posting the home to be in the, smart location compared to the confined and also shadowy inside
Reply to comment